Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 Buffalo Rim Ding/Damage. Is This A Factor? Degrader?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 228Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BuyGuns to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK...two pics. All I have. Not in my possession. Simple question. For what you can see, how much is the rim issues going to affect the grade on this very nice 1935 Buffalo nickel? That's all I need to know. Thx.

For reference...these are two PCGS MS68 Buffalo nickels. Figured I would add to see if this helps in those ding factors (Not suggesting subject coin is a 68).

Edited by BuyGuns
06/03/2020 8:03 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48727 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think the rim issue will affect the grade.
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are minor rim dings, shouldn't have much effect.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1409 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rim dings are minor. I see several other small dings and scratches on the devices, including dings on the Indian's chin and an E-W scratch from the buffalo's eye to just below the tail. A more immediate concern is the flattening and disrupted luster on the high points of the hair west of the eyebrow and of the buffalo's upper left leg. Better photos are needed.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuyGuns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea.....the coin shop on line that had it, just removed from sale. I was trying to get it. Said no longer available. Oh well. But still a good thread to provide some info for those with similar questions/concerns. Ok...thx
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20822 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not an issue, nice looking Buffalo.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 228Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05