Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Coin No More? Sales To Be Discontinued?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,780Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2020  09:14 am  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I called eBay Saturday. I was told they will NOT allow coins if you are using Managed Payments. And all USA sellers must convert to Managed Payments by the end of 2020.

If those news stories are correct, then eBay needs to update their web pages concerning the new payment method.

Here is the current website link:
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/...licy?id=5009

and another one:
https://secureir.ebaystatic.com/cr/...tersize2.pdf

If you can figure out all these new rules, you are smarter than me. My prediction is major problems when the new system goes into effect - even if they allow coins.
Edited by John K
06/22/2020 09:15 am
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsteel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The restricted list for managed payments sellers is pretty long. It's gonna cost ebay a lot of fees if they follow thru with it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3476 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2020  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EBay is NOT STOPPING COIN SALES.
Read the Coin World article June 5 2020 easily found with a google search . The official statement said, "eBay will continue to allow sales of coins, paper money and bullion now and in The future"
Quote from the Coin World article concerning this subject .
EBay is not stopping coin sales . To state otherwise is just not correct.

There is the distinct possibility that Ebay coin and bullion sellers will never be in the Managed Payment system . Anyways for now until the end of 2021, I am sure not going to get my knickers in a knot over it !
Too busy selling !
Edited by Pacificoin
06/22/2020 4:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VGRX to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So in a nutshell....

Ebay will not end coin sales
HOWEVER
Sellers being forced into managed payments won't be able to sell them.
AND
All sellers will be forced into managed payments by year end.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3054 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sellers being forced into managed payments won't be able to sell them.
AND
All sellers will be forced into managed payments by year end.

Not true.., if you sell only coins or bullion, you won't be pulled into managed payments, until Managed Payments is ready for coins and bullion sales..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3476 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"eBay will continue to allow sales of coins, paper money and bullion now and in the future. eBay sellers that frequently list in coins, paper money and bullion will not be required to register for managed payments until these categories are compatible. Until then, there is no action required and sellers can continue to sell on eBay as they do today." -- Steve Halupka, eBay Rare Coin, Paper Money & Bullion Category Manager.

Should sum it up nicely!
Edited by Pacificoin
07/25/2020 4:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  07:38 am  Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aug. 2 - Sold my first coin on eBay since they implemented Managed Payments. There was no difference from previous sales. Buyer ordered it and payed me through Pay Pal just like always.

I just bought some coins on eBay and again Nothing different from the buyer's end.
Edited by John K
08/02/2020 12:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3444 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those who haven't followed the saga...

eBay spun off PayPal a couple years ago (2015 - https://fortune.com/2015/06/26/ebay...-split-date/) it was the classic spin off of lower margin businesses to make the stock more attractive. The deal included some period of continuing to be eBay's prefered payment system.

But ever since the spin, eBay has wanted to reduced the amount of fees they pay (directly or indirectly) to PayPal.

eBay has some kind of deal with Adyen (big in Europe and looking to expand) https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/why...petitor.html

If your payment is through Adyen, then the Adyen Terms and Conditions apply https://www.adyen.com/legal/list-re...d-prohibited

Adyen reportedly prohibits coin sales (although I'm no longer seeing them in the above T&C), so eBay sellers processing payments through Adyen supposedly can't sell coins.

-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,780Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05