Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Women's Suffrage Coins Now On Mint's Schedule

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,056Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really wanted them all in one set so I passed, but I wish I had chose a branch and bought it.

I would've liked to have them all in one set too, but I did end up with a Navy set. Couldn't afford to get them all. I do somewhat regret not picking up the Air Force and Army sets.
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The product limit of 10,000 for the coin and medal set makes me think this should be a pretty quick sellout.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4527 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The product limit of 10,000 for the coin and medal set makes me think this should be a pretty quick sellout.

I guess it will depend on the popularity of the theme - the American Legion silver dollar and medal set, which also had a maximum mintage of 10,000, did not sell out immediately. It went on sale on May 20, 2019 and was still available more than a month later; it became "unavailable" at the end of June. Medals are not currently as popular as coins and attract the interest of fewer collectors.

I don't know whether the women's suffrage theme will drive more or fewer sales vs. the American Legion. Either way, I'd be surprised if the set was an immediate sell out - but I've been surprised before!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How long did it take for the various WWI sets to sell out? That should give an idea of the fastest scenario, since they were poplar.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4527 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How long did it take for the various WWI sets to sell out? That should give an idea of the fastest scenario, since they were poplar.

I didn't compare the new medal set to the 2018 WWI sets because the WWI silver dollar and medal sets were sold using a different model: no per medal mintage limit and an original pre-defined ordering window of January 17, 2018 to February 20, 2018.

There was a mintage limit of 100,000 for the medals/sets across all of the service branches but the Mint did not specify a limit for any one service medal. In the end, even after the Mint made sets available later in the year due to returns and order cancellations of previous orders, less than 63,000 of the 100,000 available were sold.

The Coast Guard medal set was the only one to not reach at least 10,000 units in sales (it sold about 9,800); the Navy, Air Service and Marines sets each sold over 12,000 units and the Army set had total sales of just over 15,600.

The sets weren't quite as popular as some may like to think, but they did establish that a 10,000 unit limit for future sets was a good plan for the Mint to follow.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
07/13/2020 1:05 pm
Learn More...
United States
88584 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will bring my "A" game that afternoon.
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks commems for tempering my expectations. I forgot about those previous medals. I agree they set the product limit at a reasonable number based on market expectation, especially when considering covid-19 times.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4527 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks commems for tempering my expectations.

Don't come after me if they are a quick sell-out! My crystal ball is no better than anyone else's! I just gave some insights into history.

But I really don't think they are going to be an instant sell-out.

Edited by commems
07/15/2020 7:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2135 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the coin, but after seeing the prices on the secondary market for commemoratives... I'll just wait I haven't found one that cost more than the mint wanted (expect for the Bison/Native American one), all others I paid less than what the mint charges. A few months ago the commems with no box where selling a little over spot $14-$15.
Learn More...
United States
88584 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We can pay more to have them now or wait longer to pay less. The choice is personal preference and neither is wrong if you care more about the coins than profit.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,056Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05