Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sherlock Holmes And Britex Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 200Next Topic  

United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  08:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aaronb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I have a few UK 50p and among them I found a Sherlock Holmes and a britex coin am just wondering if anyone can tell me the value of them and also are they worth keeping for a few years
Tia
Aaronb
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34093 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Check eBay sold values for an idea on current values.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1050 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Value is always dependant on the coins condition. Though for the Holmes 50p they only minted 210000.i think decent ones sell for £150. The brexit one was minted by the millions the first go round. Not sure if they'll make all that many this year.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
393 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am ot sure where Gincoin43 got the mintage figures as they have not been released yet for 2019 and 2020 coins.

My experience is that Sherlock is very common - you can see them on Ebay at rock bottom prices (£0.50 upwards). They may get more collectable, but I think unlikely to worth much in the foreseeable future.

Brexit coins - they announced an initial run of 3M with a follow issue of 7M planned. I suspect the second run may not happen now as the demand for cash has slumped thanks to Covid. As a result, this one may go up a bit.

The recent coins that have jumped in value are the 3 scarcer 2018 Beatrix 50ps - Flopsy Bunny, Mrs Tiggiwinkle and Peter Rabbit with the Radishes. These can make £5 to £10 each - they were more before Covid, but I think people's attention is elsewhere at the moment.
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6993 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Sherlock Holmes 50p's are quite common, but I haven't seen any Brexit ones yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1050 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/c...dden-change/

I pulled it from this article but there is a pat wall so there I s a good chance I missed something.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
393 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah - that article was written in May 2019 as the Sherlock 50p was just being released and was just intended to get people interested in them.
The 210000 figure relates to the Kew Gardens 50p, which is scarce and does make £150+. BUT beware of both fakes and later restrikes of the Kew Gardens, which go for much less.
Edited by PaddyB
06/30/2020 3:27 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 200Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05