Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tooth Fairy Thoughts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 212Next Topic  

Australia
19 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all, as a board noob I might be talking a little out of turn here but just wanted to share a little.
I saw some pictures and then a you tube video and thought that this is a lovely coin I want in my collection but it seems the mint very much doesn't want this to happen. As far as I know this coin has been released in two ways, sealed on a card for $15 and in a box for $25 and both of these present challenges.
Firstly the card option, while I assume this appeals to a lot of people I would want to pop the coin in my little book next to my other coins and assume releasing the coin from it's plastic prison would be a major collecting crime.
The box option is also problematic the box itself seem nice enough but its full of crap that wouldn't look out of place in a $2 shop (a plastic pen with glitter in it, a disposable bamboo tooth brush and most excitingly a piece of cardboard with a picture of a mouth) and this doesn't justify the extra cost in my mind at least.
Price is the final issue, or after price in this case, these are currently selling for stupid money on ebay (well they are listed for stupid money, who knows what actually sells and bless them I do enjoy the people after the big dollars for the boxset without the coin(not sure who that appeals too as an option)). These prices also somewhat confuse me as we are still in the year of issue and they are of an unlimited run so as far as I'm aware the mint could knock some more out and make the sales themselves as opposed to guys on ebay.
Anyway I think it's a shame these weren't put into general circulation, on a personal level because they are a nice looking coin and I would like on in my little book. But on a bigger level maybe finding something like this in their change might be the sort of thing to interest a young person in the hobby.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1502 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to keep coins in their packaging but cracking them out isn't really a crime. I only did it because the packaging was PVC but there are plenty who will say that the packaging is just clutter.
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"These prices also somewhat confuse me as we are still in the year of issue and they are of an unlimited run so as far as I'm aware the mint could knock some more out and make the sales themselves as opposed to guys on ebay."

I heard they won't be minting anymore :(
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah that's the story that they willn't be minting anymore (of any coins as long as they feel there is enough for collectors, people are also trying to speculate on the JC 2019 and some of the 2020 Olympic coins), personally I don't bother with that what I believe is complete nonsense as that's more general public issued items to get interested. I tend to be collect more things that I like florins with the older emblems, well I guess 1927 is still an NTLC o.o

Also prefer currency that was used as currency.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
668 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah take a look at the remembrance or is it armistice coin that they are doing for 2020, that card version has shoot to the moon and they are going to make circulation coins. However note it's only the ANDA version that moonshoted.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 212Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05