Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Error Coin? I Think It's Really Rare.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 472Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  08:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Zachwbarr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think this is really rare but I am not sure exactly what I have. Someone please help identify and find out what it could be worth.

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20630 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What makes you think it's an error coin?

In case you didn't know 1943 cents were minted in steel to save copper for the war.

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zachwbarr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because it looks like copper was printed in with the steel. It doesn't look like it's just a plating either.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49451 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What looks like "copper" may just be rust.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2141 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the condition that its in, it maybe worth 25 cents. The 1943 are probably one of the most hoarded LWC. I had over 50 at one point.

I sold, gave most away and kept a few high quality ones.

Even these are only worth around $15 each.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34690 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Your coin is not an error and not worth very much in that condition,sorry.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zachwbarr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thanks everyone. I don't know too much about pennies I just thought I was onto something. Lol
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mmansell45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rust
Pillar of the Community
United States
1241 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A circulated steel cent, with rust--I have a few hundred of them.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

We all come here to learn.
Saves time if you explain why you think something is an error in description.
Learn More...
United States
88634 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpgrajek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Steel Cents can look like they are plated and odd depending on wear. Below are 3 coins from the 3 different mints. The San Fran minted cent has a little rust that does look a bit like cooper. yours should weigh about 2.7g.

Edited by jpgrajek
07/01/2020 7:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Normal steel cent with rust. Worth only a few cents.
ša va bien aller
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AngelMuse7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I hope you get this I time . In my opinion ( & I have studied many pennies & I agree it looks like copper has been added to the penny or something (not rust) it's to distinct & it's pretty much the same on both sides I would take it to a Prof. coin place it wouldn't hurt. Good Luck
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have studied many pennies & I agree it looks like copper has been added to the penny or something (not rust) it's to distinct & it's pretty much the same on both sides

Added copper? No, this is a simple case of RUST. I am certain there are many here that can show you various stages of what a rusty steel cent looks like. It is a very common issue with these, do to poor storage (moisture).

ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05