Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You V PCGS 1887 Morgan

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 819Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4107 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a nice one. I think the bright photos made it tough to see what was going on with the surfaces.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
67?

Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Swing and a miss for me
Pillar of the Community
United States
8990 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not remove the coin from this Holder. this coin is not MS67 imo
Pillar of the Community
United States
9366 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do not remove the coin from this Holder. this coin is not MS67 imo

PCGS is known to bump up coins for eye appeal. A technical 65 can end up in a 67 holder if it has the right look.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
Canada
602 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PCGS is known to bump up coins for eye appeal. A technical 65 can end up in a 67 holder if it has the right look

I still find the practice absolutely ridiculous, but for what it's worth this coin doesn't seem to be the worst example of PCGS overgrading/"market grading"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4107 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2020  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect that mark near the star is on the die. For this one I generally agree with the PCGS grade. It's practically mark free and has nice luster. At worst, 66+.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7274 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:37 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PCGS is known to bump up coins for eye appeal. A technical 65 can end up in a 67 holder if it has the right look.

I'm going with that and saying I graded this one correctly then!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 819Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05