Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Macro Photos Using Huawei Honor 8s Smartphone

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 359Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1856 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  8:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've got a Huawei Honor 8S Smartphone.

It's my first smartphone, bought about 10 months ago on the advice of a techie 25 year old friend.
So far, it does almost everything I want it to do except compass directions and taking detailed photos of small coins.

So my questions are:
a)Do you have a Huawei Honor 8S Smartphone ?
b) Is it possible to take detailed photos of small coins (about the size of a US quarter or British 10 pence) with the phone?
If so, how do you do it ?
c)Is it possible to take detailed photos of small coins using a macro lens ?
If so, how easy are they to use and can you recommend one ?
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34851 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know you can buy a clip on magnifier for not much money that clips on the lens of your phone.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1856 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1,
There seem to be clip-ons and magnetic ones - there's at least 50 that claim to do the trick but which one fits and works ?

I can't buy them all.

My cousin bought one for her iPhone which worked well but only if she didn't use a wallet and as she normally uses a wallet and didn't want the inconvenience of taking her phone in and out of the wallet, she didn't find it useful.

So I'm looking for experience and recommendations.
I use a wallet with a non-magnetic back on my Huawei phone.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Pillar of the Community
United States
4791 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contact Huawei and ask.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34851 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

John1
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1862 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pertinax welcome to the forum. I have one of these Huawei 8S Smartphone . I took these images handheld. I have amount for this phone. I thought quick and fast handheld here are your images. this phone has a very good camera. if you want closeups. There is attachment for microscopes. so that you can attach your phone to a microscope. I have done that as well. here is the only British coins I have.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34851 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice photos,needs just a bit more light.
John1
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1862 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1 thank you . If I was going to use this phone for coins. I would buy one of those new slip on tube lights. they work great and you can dim them. you have a good one john keep up the good work.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 359Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05