Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970 S Large Date DDO - I Think

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 246Next Topic  
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  9:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all. OK, this has been an interesting few days! A silver 1961 circulated Washington quarter...a 1936 Buffalo nickel falling out of a roll from Loomis I got at the local Winn Dixie - and now I need some help! Is this what it LOOKS like to me?

It is SO HARD to take good pictures. I have more if these are impossible to see. But this LOOKS like it may be a Large Date 1970 S LMC that I found in a roll today. I have three other 1969 S LMC's and not one of them has these characteristics. perhaps this is Machine Doubling, but it really doesn't look like it in real life. The reverse of this coin is unremarkable that I can tell. Let's hope the obverse is real! Thanks!

Can I hit a trifecta!?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry! My title should have included LMC ! I apologize to the moderators and all y'all!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3332 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like MD on the date and mm....sorry
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  03:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just MD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34643 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even with these photos I can tell you it is clasic MD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I figured, but you never know! And I will work on my pictures, John. My camera phone takes them fine, and if I zoom in more with the loupe, they are good when I bring them into Photoshop to resize. I just haven't figured out the translation to 300k. Oh well...I'll get better!

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

See you soon!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34643 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once you finish saving the photos on your computer,you then can use the free image optimizer here on CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spacegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John! I'm about to try that again with some LSC Die clashes! We'll see!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05