Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

(Revised) Stumped Again 1878 S Morgan Dollar (VAM16 )

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1011 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2008  11:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This has all the key points of a VAM 31 obverse and the keypoints of a VAM 53 reverse the obverse has triple LIBERTY,double hair,poppies,ear,eyelid,date and motto with a die scratch on the eyelid and a tail to the right of each dentical
on the reverse it has double D,arrowheads and bow,a die scratch at the top of G for God and a die scratch in the right wing so I'm stumped
there are 77 photo's of the keypoints of this coin tho I won't post all of them
the next post will be the double motto and date regards Harry oh and P.S. you can't see the doubling on the eye very well but it is there
Edited by nuggethill
11/25/2008 1:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1011 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2008  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the motto and date
I will post the last eight if you want reverse to follow
regards Harry
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1011 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2008  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are photos of a few die scratches and the doubling
if anyone needs more photo's let me know
regards Harry
Edited by nuggethill
11/15/2008 12:15 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2008  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need some info Harry. The r in trust looks unbroken, is fourth star on fight doubled or tip broked ?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1011 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2008  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'Day mate I have 3 photos of the fourth star (the one that's normally broken)from different angles and yes the "r's" not broken in "trust"
hope these help
regards Harry
Edited by nuggethill
11/15/2008 4:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2008  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Harry, check out VAM 16.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1011 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2008  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again MorgansRmine and yes its a VAM 16,I looked at the VAM 28 and thought that there were more reverses further down the list but trying to match a reverse with a obverse was confounding also I didn't look at the VAM 16 as I didn't think it would match,I was surprised that I have so many slabbed Morgans that are VAM's and I know all Morgans a VAM's tho I didn't think I had very good ones but the last few and this one has changed my mind so thanks for what you've done and I'll sort out the rest of the slabs with a bit more motivation regards Harry
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05