Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 Quarter? What Do You Guys Think?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 298Next Topic  

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  02:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jayeroner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34808 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please rotate photos properly before posting...thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badger Mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have a 1969 D quarter.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49623 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say AU-50 at best.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1263 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photo white balance appears skewed. AU50 works for me, given the photos posted.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jayeroner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ! ( with the exception of badger mint, mom never told you about when you don't have anything nice to say?) so is it the luster that keeps it down? How is the quality as far as features and damage!m? Just trying to get a feel for grading.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1263 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We need better, higher resolution photos to provide a more detailed breakdown of what's what with this quarter. A neutral white balance would show the coin's true(r) color.

That said, I'm seeing evidence of light circulation all around, as suggested by the softening of the coins high point features/details. Not seeing luster. Coin would serve well as a hole filler until a better example comes along.

Google '1969 D Washington quarter' and look at images to compare with your coin.
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard the Philly strikes were weak, but D strikes weren't that bad. I don't see any remaining detail in the top half of the hair or on the eagle's chest. I'd expect even XF coins to have something to see there, so I couldn't go higher than that.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 298Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05