Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nice To See Some Vicky LC Varieties

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 279Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...

United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  8:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For years, the Canadian coin sites would be full of Vicky varieties, but lately this site has been deluged with modern scantly doubled digits or letters. It's good to see some real comprehensive list of some of the old time favorites. As I commented in one of the posts .. it's almost like he opened the 2011 Charlton variety section and went through the 50+ pages. Thanks Sammeli
Valued Member
Canada
101 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not using the back of catalogue, just using info I get from this forum. Just using the skills from people on this site. Is it ok to post more coins? Don't want to hijack the grading section

Sam
Pillar of the Community
Canada
631 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I agree that seeing some vicky large cents recently is awesome, I enjoy looking at them, but we have to keep in mind that we are coming into an era of new collectors that dont find them interesting at all to say the least.

Over the years the vicky large cents have been well documented and almost all variety/errors are already widely known and easy to aquire, I have a local guy with bins full for a buck a piece littered with varieties that he cant seem to sell for even that. I've watched him give away $60 to $80 coins according to charlton for free on top of purchases of newer coins like it was halloween just to encourage people to buy handfulls to relieve him of his stock.

I've even tried to get him to put them on eBay but he just doesn't have the time or will power to do so, hes told me numerous times hes been dealing for years, an they aren't easy to get rid of even when they are graded with proper attribution.

Yes I am aware that it is only one persons opinion just like this comment is mine. However I encourage others to continue to look on all years an denominations including up to 2020, you really never know what you might find.

Thats just my honest opinion.

Aggressively searching Canadian Small Cents on a daily basis since 2018.

Some of my Discoveries.
1941 George VI 1 Cent DDO http://goccf.com/t/367977
1976 Queen Elizabeth II 1 Cent DDO http://goccf.com/t/373627
1970 Queen Elizabeth II 1 Cent DDR http://goccf.com/t/364301
1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1493 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes their are several modern day varieties that command high premiums as well as old ones,in my opinion lower grades are common but higher grades and especially mint state coins are the hard ones to find and sought after more so.

As well as until they get into a recognised coin book publisher they are not recognised by everyone, once they are in the book they demand recognition to the hobby as a said variety only my opinion
Pillar of the Community
United States
798 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy seeing Victoria large cents posted and check out every one in case there's a variety I haven't seen yet.

There are still a lot of die pairs that haven't been talked about. I realize that not that many collectors are into die pairs, but some of them are very hard to find and have some nice features that would appeal to "variety" collectors. When more die catalogs are available, I think the interest will grow for some of the years.

JohnWayne007, I always check out your posts about newer small cent varieties. I enjoy reading them even though I don't yet collect those. Good work!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05