Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953 Franklin Half Dollar Proof

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 257Next Topic  

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  2:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Steven49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would appreciate if you could give me an idea if this coin is worth sending off for grading and what would be your grade. I have the complete set of 1953's proofs (penny,nickel,dime,quarter and this one) that I transferred out of the cellophane into holders on the advise of Daniel.
What grade do you think the other coins would need to be to be worth grading?

Thank you in advance.
I added a new set of pictures that I hope are clearer.
I thank everyone for their help not only on the grading input but also bearing with me as a refined the pictures.

Edited by Steven49
07/11/2020 9:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49632 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much brighter pics, showing surface details, are needed.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
07/11/2020 3:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos to dark
Pillar of the Community
United States
1268 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suggest increasing the amount of light, but filtering it to reduce contrasty glare. Filters could include tracing paper, light weight white paper, or translucent thin white plastic.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13820 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, To CCF , From what I can see , Looks like a PF-65 but I'm concerned about his crater face . Also is that a strand of loose hair on the left obverse field ?

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steven49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please excuse the hair in the picture. I posted another picture without hair.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1268 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better photos! PR66 for me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49632 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, PR-66 or better.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd agree with PR66 as well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05