Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Roll Shortage? Trade In $5 In Coins, Get Free Drink.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 828Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
269 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  8:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The local news in NJ, USA, has been saying there is a coin shortage for stores. My local WaWa food market on Rt 206 in Bordentown has a sign on their door that states bring in $5 in rolled coins, get a free fountain coke or coffee. I'll take a picture of the door sign tomorrow. I'm heading in with $100 in nickels and around $50 is misc dimes and quarter rolls.

Anyone else seeing this coin shortage?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3631 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Presumably you get some kind of credit note, and not have to drink 30 drinks on the spot! Or are they limiting it to one per person?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14014 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Presumably you get some kind of credit note, and not have to drink 30 drinks on the spot!

Or make sure there is a commode near by .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not taking any drinks for the exchange. I'm just happy to get rid of the rolls as the banks had been closed for months and are now by appointment only. So. Technically I'm dumping 50 rolls of 1962P Nickels and misc 1980s/90s dimes and quarters. All in around MS60 to MS63 condition, not worth my keeping but I bet some kid out there is going to be thrilled to find old some shinny coins.
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2020  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photo of door sign. They didn't bother to count my box of nickel rolls. They took it at $100 value as printed on the box.

Learn More...
United States
90039 Posts
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Johnboyrox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well nuts, I just dropped off $80 in coinage at the bank yesterday!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4037 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Deposited $235.00 in mixed rolls last week.This was a couple of years of coffee can pocket change. I have not seen a shortage in my area.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pennywise142 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to a local dairy/farm store yesterday. When I checked out I mentioned that I understood that there seemed to be some difficulty in stores getting coins from the bank to make change. The cashier said that was true as they were having problems. Trying to help out I offered to bring in whatever amount they wanted from my rolls. She looked at me like I had two heads and said "We DON'T take rolls!"

Off to get a shorti I guess.
Edited by Pennywise142
07/21/2020 1:44 pm
Learn More...
United States
90039 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
800 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I frequent Wawa stores as well, and I see these signs all the time. I could cash my coins in at the bank coin counter but I usually bring a few dollars of loose change into each Wawa I visit to circulate stamped bills at since the cashiers there always appreciate the money coming in.
Learn More...
United States
90039 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess that's the least they can do since you can't pump your own gas
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 828Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05