Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? - With Banknotes! Second Edition!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 261 / Views: 5,803Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  1:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As the first edition was started over 3 years ago and has now reached the 19th century, I believe it's time to start a second edition and allow new members to join in the fun.

We'll start with any banknote from 2020. To help folks find this topic, please don't post anything from 2019 until after midnight (forum time) on Monday, July 27, 2020.

The rules are the same as all the HFBCWG threads:

Quote:
1. You must own the banknote.

2. You must post a photo of the actual banknote you own. We do not care who took the photo. No stock photos allowed.

3. The banknote can be from any country.

4. The date needs to be validated as described below:

Common era dating is preferred, but it is acceptable if the date can be converted from another calendar.
It is also acceptable if the date can be determined to the exact year from other criteria.
If it is not obvious, please inform how the date is determined (links are okay).

5. One Year Per Day! This allows for more participation. The change to the next year will occur at Midnight Forum Time (US Eastern Time)

6. We must go in order! No going back to previous years, no jumping ahead to later years.

7. One person should not create multiple posts for each year unless someone else has posted in between or you are posting banknotes as part of a set.

8. To help page loads and scrolling, please put one banknote (one or two photos) per post.

Also, just like the first edition, we will go by the date printed on the note even if the note carries the same series date for many years of printing. We can address other questions and concerns as we go along.

And away we go!
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2533 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hurrah :)

Starter, the new plastic 20 released this year 2020. Its horrible, they stick together and once crumpled are hard to uncrumple.

Add to that for the last 30 years I have been pulling notes from circulation on their release and was always able to get the first prefix, now people know to look for them and post on ebay at many times face value and the seem to release the serials in a very random and odd way so when eventually you do find one its never pristine.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2533 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone with 2019?
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
370 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we are still on 2020 until next Monday "please don't post anything from 2019 until after midnight (forum time) on Monday, July 27, 2020"
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2533 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's odd, normally we don't need to wait a week.

When someone forfills a year when midnight comes we move onto the next year...
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"please don't post anything from 2019 until after midnight (forum time) on Monday, July 27, 2020"
Oops.

Quote:
That's odd, normally we don't need to wait a week.
We have done that in the coin threads, to give people a chance to show off the new stuff.

No problem.
Valued Member
Canada
370 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am just waiting. Unfortunately I have nothing from 2020. The pandemic has really slowed down the mail.
Edited by ShareBear
07/21/2020 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
851 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have something 2019 to post, must I wait til Monday 27th?
Maybe the idea is a week's worth of a certain year, then the next year from every Monday?
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once we hit 2019, it is one year per day like the past.

Waiting a week for the first year gives people time to find the topic and prepare for the run.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
851 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok jbuck
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worry not, banknote fans. Mondays always come sooner than you think!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
851 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aye, sitting on a Sunday evening with a nice glass of wine, dreading what the next working day will bring
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the delay, everyone. As jbuck mentioned, I was following the pattern from the HFBCWG coin threads. Hopefully this extra week will give other members a chance to find us and get their pictures ready. I know I have some scanning to do. Monday awaits!
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 261 / Views: 5,803Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05