Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1938 D/D/D/S ? Buffalo Nickel OMM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 385Next Topic  

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  03:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MrsCasas to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this 1938 D Buffalo nickel and after looking at it thoroughly I noticed the S under it but it also looks like it has 1 or 2 other D on top. What do y'all think, all replies welcome.

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrsCasas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34804 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look here but I seen none. You may want to contact them http://doubleddie.com/985741.html
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrsCasas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So do you think I might have something here, I looked as well but didn't see anything either. I will contact them later. Thanks for your help John!
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrsCasas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can see the s in the center a bit clearer here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1914 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning MrsCasas,

It might be FS-511.http://www.varietyvista.com/03%20Bu...8DOMM001.htm

Clear close up pictures are sometimes hard to get without them getting blurry.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34804 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks close,check for markers.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4139 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly looks like FS-511. I'd say you got it! Nice find!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrsCasas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you guys for all the information, I greatly appreciate your help!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19423 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting but the way I look at it is if needing such massive magnification, might not be worth a real lot.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First,

You nailed it! That's the big one, FS-511 (OMM-001 on Variety Vista).

If you would be willing to post a complete reverse pic, we could work up a likely grade, too. Just based on the obverse, you are in the VF-35 to EF-40 range. Your coin would be somewhere in the $13-$17 ballpark in that range.

Great find!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 385Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05