Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chinese 20 Cash (4 Dot) Fengtein Province Year Mint ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 214Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  9:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Imasnore to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Discovered this item in a "bag o coins". Chinese coins are a challenge as I can spend hours trying to determine the province, date or both (I do not do this often).

This one has me "stumped" as I am using an old 1987 Krause World Coin Catologue (it has most of my desired older dates).

This item was 33 mm 20 cash from Fengtein Province either 1904 to 1907 (I think it is 1906 but NO Mint Mark in the center of the four characters). All the image samples and catolog samples show a center medallion with the Mint mark (Mukden Mint 1897-1931) But this year, None...is this unusual? I really do not specialize in Chinese Empire Coins but once I started and invest hours of research it is hard to LET GO. I was hoping another member may be able to help me (as I am "spinning my wheels here").

33 mm Bronze 20 Cash Fengten province...maybe wrong year...? or wrong mint...?

Valued Member
390 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imasnore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I believe that is it (1917)... Thank You.
(Why couldn't I find it on line? I am sure I was at that site...but I kept looking at 1906 and 1907. The other characters were too faint for me...Thanks again)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3218 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a very common coin, no mint mark. Might go for a few dollars. It's still pretty neat.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
390 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen collectors with bags of these, dealing with others.
Was so tempted to approach them and ask to take a look.
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imasnore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OOPs, it's 1907...I put 1917 (no wonder, I loused up)
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imasnore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Condition is always an issue, but based on what I have seen it is okay and not too bad.Grading is a "thorny issue" I like to avoid too...

Found it as a single in a bag (a small cost). I would hestitate to buy any quantity, however, from what I read, once you get used to the Chinese dating system, the characters repeat themselves in certain order...I had trouble finding information about dating on Chinese coins Online (information is Now copy righted and sites are blanked and you must PURCHASE it. Coin Community is still FREE, thanks again).
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 214Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05