Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

W On My Idaho Washington Quarter Why ?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 699Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  6:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dionneamanda to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys just wondering why there is a w on my quater is this a new thing ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a quarter minted from West Point. It is a mint mark.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1291 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To amplify that answer a little, in 2018 the mint started making about two million of each quarter at the West Point mint and releasing them at random mixed in with P and D mint marked coins to encourage new collectors by getting people to watch their change for the W mint quarters, by they didn't promote it enough for it to do much in the way of bringing new collectors to the hobby. Your W quarter is worth about $25-$40 on eBay.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35570 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dionneamanda,
Lucky you,I still haven't found any W quarters. You found it and you weren't even lookin'
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Definitely worth slapping in a 2x2.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! You have one of only two million minted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4242 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find! These are getting way more difficult to find.

-CH27
Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds.

Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nieuw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out of perhaps hundreds of rolls I've been through, I've only managed to find 3
Edited by Nieuw
08/02/2020 9:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dionneamanda- Just an FYI.

We (the coin community) calls it the "River Of No Return" (RONR) quarter. Not usually the Idaho quarter.
Edited by USSID18
08/02/2020 9:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Speak for yourself USSID.... I'm calling it the CFOOTW Quarter..."canoe flying out of the woods"
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2020  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point Ty!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dionneamanda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback I did some research and yes I'm very lucky
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dionneamanda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another ? If I wanted to get it certified where could I do that at?
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would send it to ANACS. It looks like a decent coin. Can you post closer picture of it?

https://www.anacs.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cost of sending it off will run you more than the value of the coin. I wouldn't recommend it, BUT, if you are set in doing it, I would also say ANACS as they are the most cost effective route.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cost of sending it off will run you more than the value of the coin.

Not if it comes back 67.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 699Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05