Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sealed Original Cheerios Dollar And Penny...would You Buy It?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 676Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  3:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These are the only pics I have to go on, have read many posts about these just can't decide to roll out he dice. Price is around $1300...what would you do? Thanks!

Edited by WeBeRolling
08/03/2020 3:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1742 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely not. Why would the seller not have it graded then he could sell it for 2600 doubling his selling price to you unless he already knows what it is
Edited by jasper62
08/03/2020 5:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4347 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't do it unless I could see the tail feathers on the reverse of the Sacagawea dollar coin. If the tail feathers are detailed then that would be on heckuva buy. If the tail feathers are not detailed then it is an ordinary dollar coin and I'd give $1.01 for them both.
Pillar of the Community
United States
583 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sure would not. Did you take those pictures?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2286 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only if I could check for the die marker on the obverse. I got $3500 for my coins, but I knew it was the Detailed Tailfeather prototype before I sent it off.

"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2286 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have a full image of the front of the card? The first images do not look right. The dollar and cent card is longer than the cent only card and the plastic is rounded at both ends. The OP's images are square.

I think someone took a Cheerios Cent card and put a dollar and cent under a different type of plastic cover. It really looks wrong to me. Here's the Cheerios cent on a card. The plastic on the OP's images is not the same.

"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
08/03/2020 6:05 pm
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WeBeRolling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do believe y'all have pointed out some very good points, it does look like a cent with different plastic (not textured) and the location of where the plastic ends on the card is not right on the mintage text like the true dollar and cent coin. I'm learning a lot thanks to this forum. I don't like dishonest sellers...
Pillar of the Community
United States
583 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It just seemed wrong. Who would post a picture like that trying to sell them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 676Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05