Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Lg Date Copper 1 Do 001

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 408Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  4:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jatour to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think I finally got a set up that works for me lighting wise I've also saw quite a few of these posted lately I think I possibly got one. I'm probably wrong but I figured I'd post it and see it it seemed to match copper coins.

Edited by Jatour
08/06/2020 4:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you find one that you think may be a DDO or DDR check variety vista or doubleddie.com or coppercoins and try to match the markers on genuine DDO's or DDR's. Are the markers matching? Keep in mind if you can't identify the die markers mentioned on those site's it could also mean you may have found a coin that may be a different stage.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35458 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also remember, that 1982 is known for thick devices.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2510 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This reply will likely be of no help, but at least empathetic. Other than DDO-001 for this year, most of the listed DDO's look so much like the extra thickness common on 1982 that I have all but given up trying to sort them out. Usually for this type of trouble, you look at the size of the interior of the D in GOD. It will be much smaller if it is a DDO. But on 1982 all bets are off.

Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jatour to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed that as I was going through they are very similar. So if you have e a different stage then I guess you can't be certain that is untill or if one of the big names on this site second it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jatour, there really are no big names on this site. Coop, is extremely knowledgeable, probably more so than anyone. Personally, John1 and tropicalbats are right. 1982 is a terrible year for sorting out DDO's. If I were you, I would put it in a 2x2 and label it unknown DDO.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add poppinpaula to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is a DDO?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35458 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
poppinpaula,
to CCF. A DDO is a doubled die obverse,which is a variety. Click on the blue DDO.
John1
Edited by John1
08/07/2020 08:26 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35458 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there really are no big names on this site

Not true. The big dog, IMHO is Mike Diamond. There is also Ken Potter that comes to mind and a few others.
John1
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4346 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, I agree wholeheartedly on Mike Diamond.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46166 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep this one safe for now. Wexler shows 6 DDOs and not a match, but some devices are interesting. IN GOD looks very strong. Just not seeing a spread on the devices. It does look like a fresh die example.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/07/2020 5:11 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 408Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05