Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post #44: Please Help Identify Ruler/Mint On Sassanian AR Drachm

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 508Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1974 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I collect Sasanian coins and have a number of Kings in my collection.
......Ron I know you've got a lovely collection...How many different rulers do you possess now?
Learn More...
United States
23219 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  07:01 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Paul, Not as many as I would like to have, I haven't been able to do much coin buying in the last year or so. Right now I only have 13 different rulers and 27 coins. I'm sure you must have more than I do.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twood89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Echizento, I was looking for Robert Gobl's "Sasanian Numismatics" today on Vcoins, Ebay, and through google searches. I couldnt find any copies on Ebay or Vcoins. On Amazon I couldnt find any copies under $150. If you have any links for this book for close to $15 please let me know
Learn More...
United States
23219 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Usually there are copies for sale of Vcoins and eBay for less than $150. Granted I bought my copy a number of years ago and it was only $15, amazing how high the price has gone up. Just keep checking and a copy may show up. If I find one I'll let you know.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twood89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, gotcha. I've got my eye out for the 3 volumes of Mitchiner's "Oriental Coins" as well.
Learn More...
United States
23219 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those books are very expensive, here is a set that is also worth while to have and less expensive than the books. https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/ch...Default.aspx
Pillar of the Community
United States
5205 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grifterrec.rasmir.com's Sassanian pages are very helpful for attributing coins from the series as well.

http://grifterrec.rasmir.com/sasania/sasanian.html

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 508Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05