Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Can Tell Me What These Coins Are?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 565Next Topic  
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  9:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've looked up and down the internet to try to find out what exactly these coins are to no avail. I am hoping somebody here can tell me if they are fake or real and what they are. They have the Peace dollar (obviously) obverse and reverse and are 5 dollar denomination but they are small and gold. I weighed them but forgot how much they weighed.

Anyone?

Pillar of the Community
United States
5266 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some kind of novelty replicas apparently. Not gold, probably not silver, probably a poor investment if you are considering a purchase.
Buyer beware!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16933 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well they aren't real coins. Have to admit you've got something there I've never seen before.
Gary Schmidt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10897 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  02:51 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Can you give a size and weight?
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have the coins on me. I did weigh them and I have forgotten what they weighed. The size is maybe a little bigger than a nickel. Not sure that helps but I may be taking a look at them again tomorrow.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to say that they weighed around 11 grams.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen these before, but from your description and the pictures, they seem to be novelty items. I suppose they could be a kind of silver round from a private company, but honestly, if you have to dig that hard into the details, I recommend you stay away. There isn't a .999 silver sort of stamp (not that I'd necessarily believe it if there was), so I'm guessing just a novelty item.
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are actually supposed to be gold. But I am not going to take the time to find out. I have already walked away.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19582 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really a bit odd for fakes.
Being to small to be real.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For a coin or novelty item a little bigger than a nickel, I would say it's amazing detail and strike.
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, never seen those before either.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 565Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05