Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stuck On The 2003 25 Centavo Cuban Coin.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 205Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
216 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  04:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have moved onto my Cuban collection. I have 2 2003 25 Centavo coins. According to Numista there are 2 dates (narrow and normal). Both dates appear the same on my 2 coins. Looking at the image provided both dates seem the same width. I have even tried cutting and pasting the image to compare the dates together and I'm danged if I can see any size difference.
Can anyone confirm if there is a date size difference on the image provided? Am I missing something or just going mad?
Thanks
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjherbison to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many Nuista pages have great detailed images, this isn't one of them.

I opened the page twice, clicked on one of the two 2003 images in each, zoomed in the page, and flipped between the two windows. The difference to me seems to be the width of the lines in the digits more than the overall width of the date.

I also noticed differences in the decoration around the rim, but I don't know whether that's connected to the date variation or independent.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1056.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
1281 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The narrow date has less spacing between the numbers.
Valued Member
Australia
216 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Gincoin and BJ.
Will pursue that avenue. Unfortunately I suspect my 2 coins will be the same so will be difficult to determine which one they are given the quality of the images. As suggested, maybe there are some other differences I can use. It gets a bit confusing because there is a lower denomination coin where there is a clear difference in the overall width of the date.
Edited by David Graham
08/07/2020 3:25 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 205Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05