Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

William IV And Adelaide Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 174Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  3:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I acquired this recently. I think it's BHM-1485 but I have not found a single example online in bronze. Can anyone confirm? It's about 54mm.

Thanks

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2414 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How certain are you that it is bronze? It may just be the lighting, but the colouration and the state of wear to the reverse suggest a softer metal. This is known to be struck in white metal, could it be perhaps waxed?
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm fairly certain it's bronze. It also seems to heavy for white metal. It weighs 66g. Here are some photos with a different background.

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dar76124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking further online I did see a reference to a lead example. I wonder if this could be plated lead?
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 174Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05