Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Alexander III And Kassander Bronze.. Clean, Or Leave Be?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 231Next Topic  
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  7:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JRSinCT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey my friends, looking for opinions on a couple Macedonian bronzes. Both nice, attractive coins. But not 100% cleaned. I posted pics of both. Very interested to see the thoughts of other collectors.

Learn More...
United States
23211 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin has a nice blue patina, I would just leave it as is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1032 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's very little to clean. The patina is the actual mineralized surface of the coin. The trace of soil remaining in the recesses helps bring out detail. I'd leave them alone.
Edited by Kushanshah
08/08/2020 8:58 pm
Valued Member
Germany
74 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DirtyHarry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! In case you attempt some cleaning, do so only with extreme gentleness, but I don't believe there's much left to be improved.
My vote goes to enjoying them as they are now!
Valued Member
Cyprus
83 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add micha to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for sure avoid to do any cleaning at Alexander's coin, the patina makes it way more interesting and can't get any better
the Kassander can be cleaned very little, just enough for the legs of the horse to get connected with the body, because the patina is black the soil boosts the details
i have ruin many coins trying to learn how to clean, but what I have learn is what coins is better to leave them alone :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 231Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05