Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling Silver Or Gold ?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 933Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
247 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  8:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Giwalsh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What are all your thoughts on taking advantage of these higher prices?
All the info I can find seems to point to metals Even going higher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If history is any judge, it will crash eventually. How and when are the only questions. We have seen prices double in a few short weeks, not months.

One of the big boys is playing the market and he knows that people will follow...then get rich by shorting it...again. I'm a dealer and I'm our for now.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17266 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best time to buy silver or gold is not now, because they are on an upward price trend due to the threat to the World economy caused by CV-19.

The best time to sell silver and gold now currently held, is when effective vaccines to CV-19 are found, and there is a strong prospect of World economic recovery.
At that time, any currently held silver and gold would have reached a logical peak in price, and that would be the time take advantage of the price rise.

Philosophically, bullion markets are counter cyclical to the health of the World economy. That has been my observation over a period of 50 years or so.
The value of the numismatic and fine arts markets tend to roughly follow the bullion market trend.

And then you get the die hard, life time coin collectors of which a guess I am typical. I care little about the bullion and numismatic investment markets.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3465 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Already sold a pile .......seen this all before .
Never been shy about taking a profit !
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree on not buying. I'm a hoarder so I won't be selling either (not sure what I'd do with $$$ - I'm already cash heavy). It wouldn't hurt to sell 10-20% of your stash if you have a lot. Currently the Fed is worried more about deflation than inflation, which is why it's printing money like Weimar. It will likely overshoot and cause significant inflation - but I'm not a seer and no fan of the Fed.
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Giwalsh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm selling not buying,just wanted to see what others thought's were on when to sell.i plan on selling when I see it go up a little more and buying when it drops probably after election and hopefully covid is over.and hopefully do it a couple more times before I retire!(I know that's what everyone wants)but I'm finally seeing a jump in silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9405 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've sold some, bought a little and held most. Our runaway national debt is not going away. Young people will see the train wreck if they live full lives. If it hits $35 I'll sell some more.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People, would you say buy or sell at this time depends on ones age? I'll still in the buy mode because if I was to sell now...where to put the paper money? Wouldn't do any good in my back pocket... Hoping to hear what you all think...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4034 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm up 100% on everything I've bought since last year, but not selling because as others mentioned, I'm way paper heavy, why do I need more?
I have some dirty stuff like scrap and 40% that I might unload at $60-$80.
Locally everything's sold out, online inventory is sparse, with delays in orders.
Investors are looking for a safe haven as the walls come tumbling down.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
08/10/2020 4:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Investors are looking for a safe haven as the walls come tumbling down.

I hear ya. The problem is timing - knowing when. I took a boat-load of Economics courses back in college, but I think voodoo would have been more useful given the current situation.
The central banks are printing fiat money yet yields on treasuries are near 0.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So..... with todays crash, I have just a bit more people selling to beat the "big one" than dip buyers.

One customer who bought 100k of bullion last week wants to return his purchase for full value. I had to show him the law regarding bullion buying in this state. He honestly thought he had 30 days to return for a full refund!

I am buying. But only because in these situations people bring in long held collections and hoards. You have no idea what can be in them. The last time I bought a boat load of bust and seated halfs...for melt.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4034 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots o folks that bought early in the year and sold on the high have doubled their money.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One customer who bought 100k of bullion last week wants to return his purchase for full value. I had to show him the law regarding bullion buying in this state. He honestly thought he had 30 days to return for a full refund!

Dang, I waited too long , I had $5 in dimes. Oh well. Next time. Oh wait a minute, the dimes are clad. They are still worth $5.. I'm all good.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4034 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dang, I waited too long , I had $5 in dimes. Oh well. Next time. Oh wait a minute, the dimes are clad. They are still worth $5.. I'm all good.
Define worth. What you have is 75 cents in metal.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worth in fiat currency. I can give it to the bagel shop and get 4 bagels. 4 NJ bagels are worth 75 cents in metal. Or I can exchange the $5 I'm clad dimes and get 3 silver dimes. It's cool I exchange an object that only has value because the government says it has value for NJ Bagels and I'm happy. I like fresh bagels. The rest of the country has these bagel like things that aren't worth the 75 cents in metal but the NJ bagels are worth it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4034 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm hungry!
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 933Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05