Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Sell Your Pennies? Who And Where

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 413Next Topic  

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  07:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lack of faith to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How do you sell your pennies? Who and where.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3727 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you be more specific?

I have sold collectible Indian Head and Lincoln Cents worth at least $3 each on eBay, shipping most in a first class envelope for $0.60. Above $15 I ship with tracking.
That's a very competitive market, but things sell eventually.

If you have larger amounts of material you need to move quickly, someone else here who sells higher volumes will give better advice.

Edited by tdziemia
08/11/2020 08:03 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14008 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do you sell your pennies? Who and where.

That's a very broad question . You need to be more specific . What kind of pennies, dates, condition ,business strikes , proofs ,quantity . Please give us a better idea of what you want to do .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19575 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That is a good question since now there are so many places no longer available such as coin shows. Unfortunately so much depends on exactly what type of coins you mean. Plain Lincoln Cents with normal every day dates are not a good seller. However you could always put them up on ebay as UNSEARCHED coins.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1135 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bulk wheat cents of common dates? I roll them up by decade and sell them to my LCS with better prices for older dates, or in my area S mintmark rolls, or slightly better for Ds., and lesser prices for 1940s-1950s rolls.

I'd get the one fixed common 1940s-50s date price without the sorting. the more sorted and makes sense you can do the better he can pay, within reason. if he has no clue except it's wheat cents, he's gonna do the 2-3 cents a cent and that's it, but if it's 50 cents of 1909-1919 he will do better by a lot.

depends on what you are doing and what the pennies are of course.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bmoreland to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello! As others have said that question is very broad. I typically sell proof cents (64 & older) as standalone coins. For normal business strikes, it depends on the condition and rarity for older wheaties. For instance, I've acquired a couple dozen, truly unsearched brilliant uncirculated Wheat cent rolls from 54-58. I search the known varieties on the dates that have them. I also look at each coin and have found many cud errors from 55-58. Several BIE errors, filled b cud, filled 9 cud, lamination errors, etc. Each one of these coins typically sell for $15-45 each, which is why I take the gamble on these rolls from the same seller. Sometimes I get nothing but BU - in this case I resell them as a roll. I have enough rolls now that I can pull the errors above and replenish the date/mm to make a whole roll and resell. I do not roll my coins back up and claimed unsearched. I know many do but I can't do that - just feels wrong. :) Hope this helps a little!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16915 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect the original questioner may have been hoarding cents for their copper content and is now looking to unload them.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TSOTL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy buddy, put them on etsy. Look up what they are asking and go slightly less and see if the suckers show up.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 413Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05