Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New To This Forum; Jefferson Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 345Next Topic  

United States
27 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  2:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vnate17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this nickel and was wondering what y'all thought? Is it montage error or just wear and tear?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4853 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Road kill.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20759 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Parking lot coin. What makes you think it's an error?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35494 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. It is post mint damage=PMD. Most call it a parking lot coin because it looks like it got ran over a bunch of times. What is montage error?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Your coin is just really beat up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1567 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickel meets asphalt.
Learn More...
United States
90004 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum. And, yep, that's been on the road for a while.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46177 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Face value if that. It will be returned eventually to the mint to be canceled.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vnate17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! I meant "Mint error" but phone autocorrected. I've never seen anything as beat up as this, so I figured I'd ask the pros. I do have a few other coins I'd like to post in the near future that won't make me look as dumb as this one did
Pillar of the Community
United States
3538 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 345Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05