Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 S Proof LMC With Copper Plating Error.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 306Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  4:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoeVet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this penny while cracking some proofs out. I know the 1983 was the first year of zinc core and there are some errors associated but haven't seen anything about proofs. Is it something to write home about?

Edited by JoeVet
08/14/2020 4:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
90152 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35576 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
17144 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jv, first welcome to CCF. Second, just to be clear, the packaging that you cracked out this cent from--was it original mint packaging or aftermarket packaging? Also, do you have a pic of this coin before you cracked it out?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1531 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting coin. I have a coin that looks very close to this, but on the obverse. Never figured out if it was an error or damage. Here's mine:

http://goccf.com/t/354941
What you can buy for a dollar now days.....is absolute non cents!
Best Cherrypicks/finds:
1909 LWC V.D.B FS-1101
http://goccf.com/t/357327
1956-D LWC Dropped Letter
http://goccf.com/t/372520
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeVet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, I do not have a pic before taking it out of the set. I was opening sets for folders and they were coins of the 1980s, not very interesting. It was original sealed packaging in original blue box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1627 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2020  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen something similar before.
The lighter color almost looks white which has made me think some type of toning, in the other instances I've seen this.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05