Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Picked Up My First Age.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 329Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2392 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  5:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just came in the mail today. Only a 1/10oz but still a nice little piece of shiny gold. I think it may be a DDO. I noticed the L in Liberty is doubled while I was shooting the photos. Is this common on these?

2018 1/10oz AGE

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4636 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the new purchase!

I'll leave it to others to discuss the doubling on the "L" as I don't want to discuss something for which I don't have good knowledge.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll need a sharper image and maybe closer-up. Hard to analyze doubling when the image is even slightly blurry.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10618 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do I see fingerprints on the reverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
825 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can rarely go wrong with gold. Even in smaller form, nice pick up!
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good grab!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1135 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CelticKnot Posted - 08/14/2020 : 9:38 pm
"Do I see fingerprints on the reverse?"

Sure looks like it to me also.
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05