Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Demand For Bank Roll 1981 D Uncirculated Pennies?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 397Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  11:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure if it's worth keeping this in the roll, or if it's just worth 50 cents. I opened one of these rolls to make sure there weren't wheaties, and all the coins were beautiful uncirculated 1981 D pennies, but probably not much demand for 1981 D rolls? Any thoughts?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
35547 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty sure that's not a bank roll. I would search it for errors-varieties-high grades.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@John1

I believe it came from the bank that my mother in law used to work at back in the 80s out in Kansas. She'd keep stuff like this or odd things she came across. But, who knows, might have come from somewhere else too. I might just leave it too and it'll be a nice find for someone in 30 years.
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would search it for errors-varieties-high grades.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or maybe it'll be a future contest prize
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3635 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay to see if any such rolls actually sold, and if so for what.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16936 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently he has already opened it since he showed us one out of the roll, so it isn't a bank roll anymore now, just a roll of 81 D cents. So even if there was a premium for an unopened roll, that would be gone now.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Conder101

I had two rolls- opened one, the other is still wrapped
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14023 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent you a PM yesterday .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had two rolls- opened one, the other is still wrapped
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, these are the copper cents, so we know they're worth at least 3x face value.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19584 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put all on ebay as Unserched.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 397Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05