Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Microscope For Smartphone

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36119 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  6:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone ever tried one of these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROSCOPE...AOSwu3Beznkl
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51363 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds too good to be true, but for $9 and free shipping from a high-feedback seller, h-m-m!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51363 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And free returns to boot!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3285 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a bit worried about the instructions to "place lens directly on subject". Not sure how you would get light onto a coin if you have to put the lens directly onto it, plus I'd be leery about putting anything directly onto the surface of my coins.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51363 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point, thought about the light issue as well. Seller confident enough to not only offer free returns, but asks to contact him before leaving negative feedback. This is basically a no-cost trial.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/18/2020 7:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2430 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they work really well actually. narrow field of focus, but for macro shots they work.

here is the edge of an old corroded cent

Edited by Wade
09/19/2020 4:55 pm
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShekelGoblin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just bought one
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36119 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The main reason I started this thread was to find out if there is a difference between a clip on magnifier and a clip on scope. Wade's pic shows a very small usable area of the photo,but it is clear enough. Not sure if it is a good choice or not? I think I will stick with my point-n-shoot digital camera and my two USB scopes.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05