Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 LMC DDO, But Which One?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 215Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  5:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thickness on the IBER of Liberty and whatever happened to the rim at the 9 o-clock area. Folded over " rim fin" going from 1-3 o-clock.

Very noticible split on the top left "D" in GOD, split on the top left of "R" in TRUST, doubling of the "N" on IN.

The 7 in the date has a small bump on the top right. Doubling inside the upper curve of the 2 and also the bottom horizontal line.

On the reverse, there's a die gouge between the "NI" in UNITED, inside the bottom left leg of "N" in ONE (this one might be PMD) and die scratches between the roof and top of memorial on the right. (In the area that people talk about a floating roof).

There's also many die scratches on the left side of the memorial and above the O in ONE, travelling W-E.

At first, I thought it might have been the 1972P-1DO-004 over at Coppercoins (except a much later state die), because of the cut in the rim on the left instead of cud, but there's no marks below the 2 in the date.

Edited by Grelko
09/20/2020 5:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1270 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just master die doubling. No value above face.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I'm thinking also. I wasn't able to match it to anything.
Pillar of the Community
United States
739 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just MDD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36034 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Yup.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05