Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1847 Liberty Seated Dollar Thoughts?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 305Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:18 pm Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin has some unique history, Ill give it after your thoughts.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3638 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was buried then harshly cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7539 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a fake.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Complete fake, there was no 1847 O Dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1118 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there was no 1847 O Dollar

There actually is, farrider11 has one!...... it just happens to not be genuine
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Complete fake, there was no 1847 O Dollar.

You cut me to the quick sir !

This is no fake.......Its a real magnet LOL.

Well the gig is up with that call, no point in going on.

The history is this.

When I was with the DOD in the Middle East, I was wandering through one of those open air markets in Kuwait, and I saw a guy with a whole bowl of these.

The crowd was going crazy as he place the bowl on the table and he was selling them right and left.

I thought to myself without even touching one, how are people this gullible, as every single one was dated 1847, I mean what are the chances?.

So I went across the way from his table and bought a magnet, (A Big One), went back over and plopped it in the bowl and fished out about ten LOL.

One guy there says in really broken English, "How can this be?

I said there fakes !

I thought it best at that point to seek my entertainment else where LOL.

I had one of the guys go over later and buy one for 1 KD as a keep sake.

Some stuff you just cant make up.

I've been meaning to share that story for a while, and while cleaning out the last box that came back from the move, there it was in the bottom of the box.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51229 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a comical fake. C'mon, @farrider11.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But a good story ;)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3638 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a fake that was buried and harshly cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6635 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  03:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great story!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CMH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking back, any indication if the guy was making them or just selling them from a different source?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kuwait's black market mainly comes from China for all items except animals, which come from Africa.

I'm assuming a Chinese fake. He had European coins too, but I only dunked that particular bowl lol,
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05