Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1879-S Morgan - Possibly V6-V46? - Need Assistance Here!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 251Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  7:45 pm Show Profile   Check villagekid's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add villagekid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is one I'm stumped trying to validate.
It appears it has some of the markers needed
to classify as a VAM. I'm leaning towards V6 or V46
mainly because of the Trust possibly being Tiust.
There's something going on with the date as well with the
(7and9) The 7 looks as though it has fangs below the serifs and the 9 possibly open.

I'm definitely not an expert in Vams but hopefully some of you experts can chime in and give some prudence to it at least being a VAM or can nail it down to a particular VAM.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated....Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
9390 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing too much of the upper serif of the r to be 6 or 46. This segment can be tough to attribute and I'm certainly not an expert....
Possibly V35?
1883-O Nut
Edited by dave700x
09/25/2020 9:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Morgans are VAMs. A VAM is a specific die pairing.
Also what Dave said. the 79-S R78 is tough to ID.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok guys. I'm new to Morgans and I have a question .What does identifying the VAM do ? Are certain ones more valuable than others ?
Where can I find this data base ?
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
<<<Ok guys. I'm new to Morgans and I have a question .What does identifying the VAM do ? Are certain ones more valuable than others ?
Where can I find this data base ?>>>
Run...sell all you have right now! lol
Unless you have time to go to VAM cult college...and you have only interest in Morgans...they are very time consuming.
To me...they are a very busy coin...too many things going on...I try to attribute them and lose interest and end up putting them in a 2x2 flip saying I'll look later.
My kids will probably sell them for melt when I'm dead because I don't see myself getting to them any time soon...lol
Check out
vamworld.com
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
9390 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok guys. I'm new to Morgans and I have a question .What does identifying the VAM do ? Are certain ones more valuable than others ?
Where can I find this data base

Follow the white rabbit. http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.c...om/wiki/Home
1883-O Nut
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05