Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Few Tough Virginia Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 269Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2724 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  8:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First off is a very tough bank from Danville, Virginia. This bank issued only large size notes and was only in business for less than 10 years. That is quite short for the national currency era. This makes notes from here VERY tough. This is a nice problem-free Fine note. Nice semi-low serial too.

Next note is from the sole issuer in Giles County, Virginia. This western Virginia bank is actually quite scarce in large and small. Great stamped signatures still visible.

Last note is from a small southern Virginia town near the North Carolina border. This is another bank that is very hard to fine in large size, especially with bright stamped signatures in original problem-free condition.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4413 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic adds wheat. Nice to see 3 Virginia notes in one post!
Member: ANA and NTCA
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
193 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta love those hand-written signatures. The cashier on the second note didn't seem to know exactly where they were supposed to sign. The color of the signatures on the last note make it interesting as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51188 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Danville note is impossibly rare. Your Virginia collection is unmatched.
Learn More...
United States
90945 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2874 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great additions Wheat, congratulations bud.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2724 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like to think I have a premium Virginia collection, but there's many others that are WAY better than mine. I grab a few here and there when I can. Thanks for all the comments.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 269Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05