Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 D Walking Liberty Doubling?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 218Next Topic  

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  9:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aircraftmech01 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have some worn Walking liberty coins I have been going thru to try and spot errors and varieties. This one here I'm questioning but am wanting to become better at spotting and understand why some of the worn coins start to get this doubling look. If you know of any videos or educational articles that can help me learn, please share.

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to find video on these . I see a lot of Utube Vids , try that ?
here's just some info on them. They ARE struck WEAK . lol
https://www.NGCcoin.com/coin-explor...947-pscid-42
Edited by SensibleSal66
09/27/2020 01:18 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19665 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

So many people post what they think is a doubled die. Almost in every instance what they have is what is called Machine Doubling which is not really a doubled die coin. I've always found this and interesting terminology since a doubled die would actually mean the die is doubled, not the coin. Think about that. What are the chances you would ever get a DOUBLED DIE from the Mint, doubled or not.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
5287 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing any doubling, just wear and minor hits from circulation. Looks like an ordinary 1943-D (with a nasty rim dent ).
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's also a difference between Machine Doubling vs Doubled "die" and Strike Doubling ( struck more than once) . Check this out :
https://varietyerrors.com/doubled-d...-much-worth/
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 218Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05