Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1806 Half Cent (Small 6 No Steam)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 331Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
191 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  4:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I saw this coin on ebay, looks like a marks or damage on the obverse, do you think it could be straight graded ? and the seller list the coin around AU..

whats your toughts?

Edited by Sergiomomesso
09/27/2020 4:43 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51437 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you enlarge those pics for us, please.
Valued Member
Canada
191 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok let me try something, and btw the liitle white dot are on a plastic holder
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51437 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Are you talking about those apparent pockmarks behind the eye, or...?
Valued Member
Canada
191 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah exactly those.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5294 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd grade this coin no better than VF-20. The dents would almost certainly "detail" a high-grade piece but at this level it might straight-grade.
On the plus side, the dents aren't that distracting and the surfaces are smooth and corrosion-free.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51437 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, VF-20 and good shot at a straight grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4924 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would straight grade but definitely not AU.
I, like the others, see it as VF, but maybe 25 or 30.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add epazk77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not AU for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2914 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In so far as the pockmarks it would definitely detail out and knock it down from a full retail PCGS price of $220 at a 20 grade which is usually nearly half of what you could expect to get on eBay etc.

Personally, I have a minimum target sales price of $130 before I TPG grade any coin after factoring in TPG shipping/insurance(round-trip), TPG submission form fees and my time to do all of that.

I would just sell it at a trade show or on eBay as it is and be done with it. It's a borderline TPG coin and unlikely to get you a respectable profit per my personal parameters.

IMO

Edited by mdpmedia
09/27/2020 9:27 pm
Valued Member
Canada
191 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can grab it for around 180 USD... but it is raw, maybe I should add more and just buy a graded one as I'm in Canada and grading fee are quite expensive.
thanks for your sharing.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 331Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 9.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05