Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Samoan Quarter Reposted With Correct Pics

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 204Next Topic  

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across a quarter from American Samoa with a doubled ear on the smaller bat. This looks like a legitimate (though small)double to me, but I'd like the rooms opinion on it. Also, there is a ridge along one of the bats wings, can someone assist me in figuring out what this is?

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally the pics post correctly and I've typed wrong, that doubled ear is on the larger bat.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ear appears to be Machine Doubling, not a doubled die. Wing is Die Deterioration Doubling.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SamCoin - just to be sure, I can see the Mechanical Doubling on the lower side of the picture I posted, but was looking at the upper side which doesn't look flat to me at all. Does that also appear to be Mechanical Doubling? Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Samoan Quarter Reposted With Correct Pics
When you uploaded these pictures, you used the same filenames uses by photos in this topic:

http://goccf.com/t/383467

... which now has the wrong photos.

Please be sure to use unique filenames for your photo uploads.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. I will make it a point to use unique file names if posting the same day. I apologize for the confusion this caused. I will go delete the other topic I posted to end any confusion.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In response to jbuck, I went the broken post right away, but my delete button no longer displays. I have reported that post and hope it will soon be removed. I apologize to all for the confusion.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20824 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got it.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinstrike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 204Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05