Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1904 O Morgan For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 290Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
202 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  8:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I pulled this one out of a flip that has been sealed since 1974 and would appreciate feedback. The obverse has a gold toning on the right side that I've tried to capture. Still working on photo technique.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51336 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Larger pics, please, with lighting that shows surface details on both sides.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another try with picts...

Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking coin...good rims...minimal nicks and bag rash common on these...not sure about the milk spots on the obverse...from being in a holder too long? Could these milk spots "detail" a coin? Not sure?
I think the reverse carries this one to MS65...if she straight grades.
smat
15 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2CentSal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes , very nice coin ! Nice eye appeal, nice toning . A solid MS64+ .
Pillar of the Community
United States
9292 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the blue background you are using is casting indirect color onto the coin. always use a neutral color surface like gray or black.

not sure whats up the spotting. coins that have been dipped in a cleaning solution and not washed off correctly can cause these but I'm not sure if this is the case here. also something could have been splashed onto the coin that was not noticeable at the time and since this one has been stored for decades they are now visible as the toning progressed. I'm leaning more towards this scenario as the reverse does not display these and typically coins are stored obverse up which protected the reverse from toning. imo they will affect eye appeal although slightly and at worst details the coin for (ED) environmental damage

the 04(O) have average strikes. this one appears to be AVG+ for the year. I think its short of 65. MS64 for me due to the spotting
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the responses; very educational for me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21538 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super clean cheek. I see this one at MS-65.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice strike and very few marks, but the spotty toning and subdued luster detract from eye appeal. I'd say MS-64, but very close to 65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51336 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go 65 on this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8129 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 290Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05