Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unique 2000 D Virginia State Quarter

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 588Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2032 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WayWay--please submit the coin to PCGS, NGC, or ANACS for evaluation. If you do, please let us know what they find.

There are a few coin shops in the greater Lubbock area. Take the coin in and see what they think.
Edited by ijn1944
10/07/2020 7:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1306 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, this has to be a joke, right?
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Pillar of the Community
United States
4471 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with our other forum members here. I don't see any error or variety in the area you are referencing. Keep hunting.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Edited by CoinHunter27
10/07/2020 7:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1781 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Read and research what John1 posted.

The US mint stopped punching mint marks by hand in 1989 so that is why there are no RPM's after that date.
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Can do is show yall what I see I cant get yall to understand it for I myself dont understand it. However there is in fact something there and its nowhere else on the coin because the reverse of the eagle desighn is on the rest. If I could upload the original size picture you could see more definitive lines much like the ones that I'máseeing. Anyhoo have a nice evening fellas..........Im excited about this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4050 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wayway, others had it right when they say you are seeing things that just aren't there, things you want to see and you don't want to hear otherwise. RPM's stopped in 1989 as John1 has pointed out. As suggested, if you truly believe you have this one-of-a-kind unique coin, by all mean's you owe it to the Coin World to submit it to PCGS to have your "rare" find documented.

Moving on from what is not there, what you do have is a quarter with PMD, and nothing more. Spend it and keep searching!

ša va bien aller
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's just say hypothetically that if somebody had found some coin that was very unique much like something I've showed you what would one do with it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4050 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send it to PCGS.
ša va bien aller
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20884 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WayWay, why do you have 3 different active accounts here? I'm locking them all until you provide an explanation through the contact form.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 588Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05