Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barber Half Dollar Bargains

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 411Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  7:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Numismatic News - When it comes to United States half dollars, there are definitely fans for almost every series we can think of, bar none. The Walking Liberty half dollar, for example, continues to be a design that plenty of collectors love. One series that does not usually get as much attention, but that still has some devoted fans, is the Barber half dollars. The Barber image, named after U.S. Mint Engraver Charles Barber, was used on the dime, quarter and half dollar from 1892 up to 1915, and today does indeed have a fan following. For the non-believers among us, search online for the Barber Coin Collector Society for some great information. For right here and right this moment, however, let's see if there might be any bargains with this classic set of 50-cent pieces.

1899 Barber half dollar

As we get started, we will keep in mind that for the present the collecting community has a prolonged and deep desire for Mint State coins from just about any United States series. And so, it's logical to look at the price of Mint State Barber half dollars. Doing so gets us to this number: $600 - for the common dates. That certainly is higher than what we have seen when examining some other series of classic U.S. silver, but to quote many a famous movie line, "There you have it."

Read the entire article
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think its a cool coin design.
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twslisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the design too—although someone had to tell me the profile on the obverse is supposed to be a woman. The features are more typically male, and even now that I know I still see it as a masculine image.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 411Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 4.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05