Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Grading And Valuation Of 1901 10 Centimes - Leopold II

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 322Next Topic  

United Kingdom
8 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  10:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jonnynoclue to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone can help grading and valuing this coin. The quality of the coin is excellent but there is a small rim dint (only noticeable through a scope and only on the edge of the face) and some slight discolouration around the 'FAIT' part near the rim. I know there was only 551,000 minted and it's a rare coin with some value regardless. See pics below. Thanks in advance.

Jonny

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7720 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jonnynoclue and

I'd say it's about VF. It certainly is a scarce coin, but not something that would interest many UK or US dealers: they may even throw something like this in their junk trays unaware of the value. The best way to get an idea of the value would be to look at sold listings on eBay. It's collectors in Belgium, and possibly Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Germany, who are likely to collect coins like this by type and pay a premium for a scarce date.
Edited by NumisRob
10/15/2020 1:30 pm
United Kingdom
8 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jonnynoclue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks NumisRob, that was about what I thought as far as the grading so it's reassuring to know I'm on the right lines and I appear to be learning. There was only one I could find on ebay and that went for just over a hundred in what I'd call worse condition so I'll do a little more research. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. It's amazing how much value these less exciting coins have. I guess my inexperience and being a newbie has helped as I've sorted and researched every single coin to make sure I don't miss anything. Several big bags of unsorted world coins later and 2 weeks of work but it's been worth it as I've found a few really beautiful pieces.
The search continues...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3824 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outside of Belgium, there seems little demand for these coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3978 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely coin.
One in similar condition sold on eBay recently for $43 (US). I would rank yours a bit better on eye appeal.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21635 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grade, VF-35 by U.S. standards.
United Kingdom
8 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jonnynoclue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Oriole, tdziemia and IndianGoldEagle. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05