Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Steel Pennies. Two To View In Best And Worst Forms.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 284Next Topic  

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  12:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NTesla to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Folks,

As always, thanks for your time. I have two 1943 steel pennies here. One rusted so bad can barely tell what it is (add to value?.. wouldn't think). The other shows signs of rusting but it's actually in decent shape I think. I know these are fairly common and the copper one is to watch for. But I have to say, these are sweet. Any real value (no, not looking to get rich. I enjoy it too much and probably keep what I have even if worth a million). Thanks again!

Edited by NTesla
10/16/2020 12:39 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1142 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rusted one is a spender in my book. If I ever find them rusted I turn them back into the wild. The other, only a few cents in that condition. There were so many of these made, very common, they really need to be MS to hold any value ( realistically high MS to hold real value).

Unless of course you're dealing with an error/variety then it varies.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NTesla to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking out. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both are spenders in my opinion. Millions and millions of these were made, and while unique, as stated only those in very good condition are keepers.

May I suggest a good resource for you? Available from any book store or library is The Official Red Book, A Guide Book of United States Coins by R.S. Yeoman & Kenneth Bressett. It is published annually, but editions a few years old are still very useful. It will provide you with mintages and rough values and useful info to learn about various US coins. Anyone wanting to learn about US coins, THIS is the book you want to own.

ça va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51307 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're both spenders to me as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14178 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rusted one is a cull ,might not even be spendable if a young cashier can't make out what it is . The one that's in better condition is worth between 5 and 20 cents .
Gems in MS-67 are valued at around $90 or more .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46719 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-67 is worth a lot more than that:
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/39414564
Of course none of your coins are a MS example though.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05