Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2016 P Shield Cent Doubled Die (WDDO-005) And A Rotated Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 410Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  10:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you guys think of this coin a variety and an error all in one. I know Coin World a few years back had mike diamonds article he wrote on a 2016 similar. Though that one had a large retainers cud and a more dramatic rotation I found it just interesting. 10-15 rotation range? I'm not sure how I can find it out exactly. Also does this mean other 005 doubled dies could have the rotated reverse as well bc I bet more had to have been struck with the same dies.

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
3020 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The degree of rotation on your coin is insignificant, it wouldn't qualify as a rotated die.

The extra thickness is similar to WDDO-005, but it is difficult to tell as that die does not have any clear notching. I am curious to see if you can spot any of the die markers on your coin.

And I believe this is the article you're referring to: https://www.coinworld.com/news/prec...otation.html

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure how to reply to you directly in the forum hope you see this. Shucks still think it's pretty cool to be rotated none the less even if it isn't considered a significant amount bc the first time I've come across one. Yeah all the markers match up I was posting the dd of it in case it had clues or something for the rotation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always be careful with the staples as it could damage the coin.
Learn More...
United States
17433 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
still think it's pretty cool to be rotated none the less even if it isn't considered a significant amount

I agree and welcome to CCF. It may not be enough to add to the value of the coin, but it is still a fun find.

To @joseph's point, you need to flatten those staples. Also, your pics will be clearer if you take them before putting the coin into a 2x2.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
4455 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF! I agree with the statements above and when you post, please include the year and mintmark on your heading. Certain shield cent years have DDO's as well as as DDR's and because of that we help you better.
Edited by Jim0815
10/17/2020 09:21 am
Learn More...
United States
17433 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
please include the year and mintmark on your heading.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 410Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05