Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Authentic No Date Penny Hard To Provide More Detail

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 610Next Topic  

25 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I want to thank you for your very informative information you provided me last night. Tonight I thought I would post pictures of 2 of my pennies. I have posted my entire collection for sale so I figure I better see what you guys think before I have to let them go.

*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please do not do it in titles or posts. ***

Pillar of the Community
United States
4039 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jrvaults, 3 points to you in reply:

1. Using all caps is a form of yelling. Please don't do that.
2. There are more than just "guys" here, I am among them.
3. Your coin is known a a Grease Filled Die, commonly referred to here as a "greasers". The better ones have numerous letters and numbers "filled in". To approximate a rough value, check eBay's sold listings

ša va bien aller
25 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i apologize that I mentioned I was selling my collection because you obviously thought I was asking for an appraisal or price evaluation of this error coin? I wanst and am sorry for the misunderstanding.
25 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
***i wasnt and am sorry for the misunderstanding. lol I did it again.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11130 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  02:55 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is probably a Grease Fill, as mentioned, but it's a little tough to tell more from the pic. I see something going on in that area, but can't make it out. Do you have a pic of the reverse?
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
25 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no problem...

25 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
im using a microscope and dont see anything BUT (i said loudly) your the experts. how else does a coin happen upon no date unless the date was filled with grease? I'máserious. I dont know. can you come about such an error another way?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52097 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greaser. And at least for me, the term "guys" has come to mean "everyone".
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47356 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As mention if the devices are filled with grease those devices will not form. Another cause is coin wear. But when this happens then the rims will be missing off of the coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/19/2020 11:05 am
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
25 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So does this mean it's legit or not coop?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47356 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All you can prove is that it is a Wheat cent. Date is missing. The rim is present, so it is a Struck Through Grease issue. Not a worn off date issue. It was probably missing the date from day one. If not, it was removed. (but why would anyone do that?)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20883 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jrvaults, please stop uploading the exact same image 3 and 4 times.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 610Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05