Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D US Penny Close AM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 372Next Topic  

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ronnie on q to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello
Trying to confirm is I hold a 1992D US penny with close AM
I have attached a regular 1992D for comparison

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you are on a Canadian Coin Forum
Perhaps try the US forum?
good luck
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ronnie on q to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apologies,
New to the site and still learning
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2565 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes wrong forum. Pics are not very good .I say wide AM on the coin on Top. Not sure about the one on the bottom
Pillar of the Community
United States
2032 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post clear, sharp photos--not only of the 'AM' area, but the designer's initials 'FG' as well. At this point--with the first photo--I'm not seeing a close AM.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36474 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a WAM to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47382 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seem like the normal AM is easier to spot than the blurry ones that he is wanting to show us. Here is what to look for on these:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/19/2020 3:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1212 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry pictures aren't usable and too blurry.

Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mojomanbob54 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Denver Mint no Close AM
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tom smith coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Denver mint did make some close AM but it looks like a wide AM.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 372Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05