Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crusader Imitation Denier?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 377Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
736 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  02:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello experts!

In my collection I have a coin which intrigues me as I am not able to locate it. It looks like a venice imitation or bulgarian imitation. But the lyrics around seem to be latin like? I hope it is a crusader imitation to be honest and was wondering if anyone happens to recognize this gros? It can also be a combination between a trebizond asper and one of these haha.

THe lyrics say: WT IX IA? I (C turned upside down) S With 2 people standing holding the same steak that zeus holds.

Back: starts with RV ? RUDOLF? 2 stars between person.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3988 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vince, you only bring things here that are very difficult.

I do not have reference materials for southeast Europe, or Byzantine coinage. SO probably I will not be of much help.

But here is what I see on the legends reverse:
2:00 - 4:00 W T ? R I A
9:00 - 11:00 A I C(upside down) S(on side)

What is size/mass?

Good luck!
Edited by tdziemia
10/21/2020 07:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
736 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Tdziemia,
I am good in putting very difficult coins here online haha. This one has it weight of 1,55 grams and almost 19mm in diameter.

Some coins are quite hard to determine and these intrigue me the most to be honest.
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
736 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks a little like this coin: BULGARIA, Second Empire. Ivan Aleksandar. 1331-1371. AR Groš (19mm, 0.63 g, 6h). Veliko Turnovo mint
But this coin from Ivan Aleksander is rather a imitation from my type. As mine looks more official and european like a mint in Italy.
Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
736 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found it YEAH!!
Andronikos II. Palaiologos, 1282-1328, mit Michael IX. Silber-Basilikon 1295/1320, Konstantinopel.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3988 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
FOr others who have been following: https://www.acsearch.info/search.ht...usd&company=
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 377Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05