Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 Indian Head 5 Cent Piece

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 510Next Topic  
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  9:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add joebowy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello coin community I have a 1936 nickel I would like some help with any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52206 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please be more specific about what you you would like help on.

to the CCF!
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joebowy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any errors that may be taking place and if there is evidence of a 5 leg
Pillar of the Community
United States
1451 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just seeing wear and PMD. There is no "5 leg" , might be referring to the 36D 3 1/2 leg? Also not seeing any signs of doubling.

Out of curiosity, please don't take this the wrong way.... what led you to believe there were any errors/varieties on this coin after looking at it?

Edited by Ty2020b
10/21/2020 07:25 am
Learn More...
United States
17731 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@joe, I'm not seeing any mint errors here, but rather just honest circulation wear.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a regular worn Buffalo nickel, but do keep looking and asking questions!

and to CCF
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19862 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks sort of normal to me.
just carl
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joebowy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you coin community for your help first and foremost . What led me to believe there were errors was the date and how smeared it looked and on some of the other letters as well.But you guys would know more than I would Thanks again for your help have a wonderful night.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14327 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of a 5 leg Buffalo . Not a doubled die that I can see . VF-25 Details cleaned .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52206 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa - no 5-legger I can see. Just a (scrubbed?) Buff with little value, I'd say.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Nerd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's just a normal Buffalo nickel. Looks like it has a bit of verdigris. Very common on nickels and nothing to worry about. Just thought I'd point that out.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 510Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05