Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$25 English 1935 Note

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 772Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  5:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add North48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm looking at a 1935 $25 English note. Any ideas what they are worth? Will post pics
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
36422 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/21/2020 6:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8172 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'bout three to four grand.
Beware of counterfeits.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you tell counterfeits?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3544 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yours is quite real , nice find .
Valued Member
Canada
196 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you can check coinsandcanada dot com under banknotes; bank of canada lowest section (1935)...and check the denomination out...you can even check prices sold at auction
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knowing what it's worth now what would you guys pay for one in the shape of mine?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36422 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is better to go by sold prices from places like eBay,or auction companies.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/22/2020 1:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3809 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a scarce note in any grade. According to my guide, only 1,840 of them remain in both languages.
A note like this one needs a wide audience like an auction to get the best price. Any dealer would buy it instantly but would pay quite a bit less than retail because they need to make a profit.

Valued Member
Poland
219 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed with @oriole, but I will add that the discount on retail is also (from lots of experience dealing in Canada), that these notes sit around for a loooooooong time. They are the type of item that gets a lot of lookie-loo, but very few people actually pony up for a decent one. I had one graded BCS EF-45 that sat for a couple years, and I probably touched it more than any other person in its history taking it out of / putting it back in the counter. In retrospect, should have just sent it to auction, and taken the discounted price that we eventually got for it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4616 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should spend the 50 bucks and graded it, the reward far out weighs the cost
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1107 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F - VF book between $4000 - $5000 CDN but they're hard to buy from a CDN owner since so many have been snapped up by US dealers (asking Charlton prices in USD). This makes them priced out of reach for most CDN collectors IMO.

Also far too many are over graded (IMO). This wouldn't be such a problem with normal banknotes but since 1935 $25 are so scarce, 5 points (or difference between F & VF) can cost thousands. It doesn't surprise me that they sit under dealer's cabinets for months.

Several of the lower (non EPQ) grades lack colour & it's obvious they've been pressed. The one you posted has good eye appeal (actually looks to have original colour) no design lost & just the 3 major creases/folds. The only issue I can detect is that it has been soiled on the back (left border). Since it is ungraded, you may be able to strike a fair price depending on what you can settle the grade to be. Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3809 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@norantyki, yes that is likely the case. The average dealer does not have a lot looking. I think that I will ask my LCS tomorrow what he would pay for something like this-just for curiosity. He might have someone who is looking.
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North48 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was watching it on eBay and wondered for curiosity what a good deal on it would be. It sold for slightly over $2100
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3180 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
even at 2100$, there is still room for someone to make money on it..
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 772Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05